Thursday, August 8, 2013

4th Grade Homeschool Curriculum

I can't even begin to wrap my brain around how quickly this summer has gone. Talk about blink and you miss it! I've spent the last few days cleaning out our homeschool cupboard in preparation for the upcoming year. Hunter will be in 4th grade this year. I am so excited to start another year of watching him learn and grow.
We've purchased all the books and supplies, and I'm nearly done with the planning, organizing, and scheduling. We are continuing to follow the classical method of homeschooling, using The Well Trained Mind as our guide.
Here's what we're using:
Saxon Math 5/4
First Language Lessons, Level 4
Writing With Ease, Level 4
The Story of the World, Volume 2
Chemistry for the Grammar Stage (Elemental Science)
Prima Latina
Spelling Workout Level D
Vocabulary from Classical Roots
Classically Cursive, Book 2
We will be continuing with artist and composer studies, ala Charlotte Mason, and Hunter will also study Chinese with a tutor. I need to find a geography spine still, so if you have any good recommendations let me know!
Are you ready for the upcoming year?
Hip Homeschool Hop Button 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your set up for a fabulous year! All the best.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your an old pro this year! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.