Tuesday, August 27, 2013

An Abbreviated WIWW

After our brief flirtation with cooler temperatures, the summer heat has returned to Minnesota with a vengeance. Unfortunately, my interest in getting dressed in anything cute left with the cool breeze. When the heat index is in the triple digits, I go for baggy and breezy every day. The less fabric sticking to my skin, the better. 

So, although it's Wednesday, I only have one outfit to share.


The top is from Old Navy, capris are Silver, and the tank and ballet flats are from Target.
But my favorite part is the necklace. It was an estate sale score, only $1. It's super long, as you can see, I managed to loop it around my neck 4 times. I can wear it in long loops or with lots of layers; both ways are fun.

I'll be linking up at The Pleated Poppy.
pleated poppy
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me. The heat returned and I've just been grabbing at anything to wear, without thought. No photos for me this week.

    I love that necklace. It was a great find. Your outfit is cute too. I keep hearing about Silver jeans. Where do you buy yours? I've never actually seen the brand, so I know it's probably not in the stores I'm shopping. I think I need to branch out more.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia! I love Silver jeans and probably have 6+ pairs. Unfortunately, only 2 of them fit me comfortably right now! I usually find them at Macy's or Maurices. They are a bit spendy (between $70-80 regular price), but you can usually find a sale or coupon. Compared to high-end denim though, it's a bargain, and in my view, they are just as cute and comfortable as the more expensive jeans. I would definitely check out second hand places like Plato's Closet too for even cheaper pairs. They're worth hunting for!

      Delete
  2. love love love the outfit! and THAT PHONE CASE IS SOOOO PRETTY. Sorry didn't mean to scream that hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! The phone case is from Target. I love peonies, so I HAD to have it. ;-)

      Delete
  3. OMG! I'm a MN blogger too! :) Your blog is the cutest! I am loving this look...Hope fall returns to us soon. :) "Following" you now! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.