Friday, August 23, 2013

Insta-Friday


It's time for some InstaFriday fun over at Life Rearranged and I'm joining in! If you'd like to follow me on Instagram, I'm dreamanddiffer.

As a kid, I used to dream of having a house worthy of a feature in the glossy pages of Country Living or BHG. {I was a weird kid.}
This week, I came as close as I probably ever will when my Autumn Harvest Mantel was featured on the Better Homes and Gardens website! You can find the slideshow here.

In a moment of complete insanity this week, I decided to cut my own bangs. Umm. Yeah. Don't follow my example, people. This picture shows Stage 1. But, I continued to cut. And cut. I now have a weird spiky fringe that I can only hope will grow out quickly. 
I knew it was a bad idea, and I did it anyway. 
Story of my life.

I got bit by the fall-crafting-bug... but I have the attention span of a flea. So this wreath remains unfinished on my kitchen table. Complete with weird, smiling, face-plate.

More fall-crafting. I love burlap, it's so versatile. And cheap. 
Thank goodness, because I started over three times before I achieved a pumpkin I was happy with. I might do a few more for a gallery-style arrangement...
Then again, maybe not. 
{See above unfinished wreath for explanation}

It's hockey season again. That means huge, smelly bags will be living in the back of my truck for the next 8 months. It also means I will have no free time and no money for the next 8 months. 
Good times.

Last, but not least, my baby turned 9. Sniff, sniff. How did 9 years go by?!
We celebrated with dinner at a local Japanese restaurant.

And topped off the night with a big ol' chocolate cake.

Hope you have a great weekend!
life rearranged
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a great week! Congrats on your fall mantel being featured. That is awesome and very well deserved. You decorate like you absolutely could be in a magazine.

    Happy Birthday to your 9 year-old.

    Oh, and how did you get your photos to look like that? ...with the instagram logo and likes/comments??

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia! I used the embed feature from the instagram website. That way I didn't have to download all the pics from my phone. Unless I'm planning on printing them, I usually delete the pictures to save space, so the embed option works well for me. :)

      Delete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.