Monday, September 16, 2013

Burlap and Pumpkin Mantel

It's that time of year again: cool breezes, changing leaves, bonfires, and pumpkins! I love autumn; hands down my favorite season. 
 I always have fun decorating for fall, and mother nature makes it pretty easy to create a beautiful autumnal display. I went a little crazy with the burlap, but it was calling my name at the craft store. And the wreath and the painted embroidery hoops were fun to work on. The wreath took me forever to finish, but was pretty simple to make (there are tons of great tutorials out there) and I am happy with how it came out. I was inspired by all the gorgeous burlap wreaths I keep seeing on Pinterest and had to try making one for myself.
I started off only intending to do one embroidery hoop pumpkin, but painting them was kind of relaxing, so I just kept going. The white one is my favorite!
I'm not quite finished with the mantel yet. I'm working on a little project for the firebox portion of our {nonworking} fireplace. Hopefully I can finish it up and share the whole mantel later this week. 
 Happy fall, y'all!

{I can't help it. I'm not Southern, but I love the phrase "y'all"!}
Photobucket
I'm linking up here:
My Romantic Home
French Country Cottage
Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design
Between Naps on the Porch
DIY Showoff
Jennifer Rizzo
The Inspired Room
Thrifty Decor Chick
I Gotta Try That

10 comments:

  1. The embroidery hoops are a great idea, I haven't seen this done before there beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Burlap wasn't easy to paint on, but it was still fun to do. :)

      Delete
  2. Every thing is so pretty. Love the wreath and how creative using the embroidery hoops. Great job.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! Thanks so much for stopping by and becoming a follower. I will definitely check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely wreath and autumn decoration you made:)Greetings from netherlands:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wreath! I made a burlap on this year myself. I just love them.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that wreath. Have to add that to my list!

    Stopping over from Thrifty Decor Chick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another visitor from Thrifty Decor Chick. Your burlap wreath is the nicest I've seen. I don't know if I would have had the patience. Mine took about 5 minutes but can't compete with yours. I also like the painted brick of your fireplace, working or not. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.