Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A 31 Days Fail

Happy October!
 Like Anne, I love Octobers. Fresh fall air, gorgeous leaves, and pumpkins galore: it's just glorious. Last October, I took part in Nester's 31 Days series. My 31 Days of Comfort Food was a fun experience, but kind of stressful. However, I was all set to go ahead with another 31 Days this year. I wanted it to be simpler, but still fun and relevant. About a month ago, I decided on a Pinterest based series and even made up a button. I had plans to write and schedule my posts ahead of time... but that did not even come closes to happening! In fact, I kind of forgot about it till last night, when I realized what day it was. So I uploaded my button and prepared to write a quick Day 1 post. 
Total fail.
I don't know what happened, but my cute button looks like crap when I uploaded it. It's bright and clear on my desktop. 
I decided it was a sign. I knew that I would be struggling to post every day and in all honesty, it probably wouldn't have happened. So no 31 Days for me this year~ I know my limits and this was not meant to be. Turns out, my idea was not all that original anyway, as several other bloggers are doing something similar. Instead, I will enjoy reading everyone else's posts while I indulge in a warm mug of spiced apple cider. All of the fun, and none of the pressure.
Are you taking part in 31 Days?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. The buttons get blurry when they shrink that small (100x100), especially if you start out with something like 500x500. It happens. Mine is the same way.

    Last years 31 Days was wonderful. I can only imagine how much work it was though. I'm thinking of that chicken/stuffing soup and my mouth is watering. I need to make that again.

    I planned to have the month written ahead of time too, but no such luck. I've got plans for each day, but I'm winging it. I hope they all get written!

    We'll just enjoy your blog, 31 Days or not.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.