Monday, November 25, 2013

DIY Christmas Planner


During the holidays, I want to focus on family, good food, and the joy of the season. But I usually wind up feeling overwhelmed and stressed instead. So this year I created a fun little planner to help me stay on top of all the shopping lists, menus, and extra events that make this season so fun and also so busy.

This was a really easy and fun project, and the best part was I had all the materials already so it was totally free! I followed the awesome instructions and tutorial found here. They do a great job explaining the step-by-step process, so I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. Head on over to eighteen25 and check it out!



What You'll Need:

~ A composition notebook~
~ A variety of holiday themed scrapbook paper~
~ A stapler~
~Glue~
~Grosgrain ribbon~
~2 6x9 manilla envelopes~
~A weekly calendar~
~Fun printables from eighteen25~


I found my weekly calendar here. It's just glued right onto the notebook page, Elmer's-style. 

My tabs aren't aligned perfectly, so it's a bit hard to see all of them at a glance. But I have sections for:
Calendar
The List 
{this section is subdivided into family, friends, teachers, etc. The kids' lists are tucked into a separate section so they won't peek!}
Cards
{with names and addresses printed off from my previous year's card list.}
To-Do
Menu

I think I've got all the bases covered, but it's easy to add a tab for a new section if I need to.
There are even handy envelopes to corral all the paperwork from shopping.

In the "To-Do" section, is my favorite part of the whole planner: our Christmas tradition checklist.
We keep thinking of more things to add as we get closer to the holiday season.

Do you have any suggestions for more Christmas traditions? I would love to hear about your traditions!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea, it looks like you have it all organized:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! I love this type of crazy organizing....thanks for the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea! If I had even an ounce of organization ambition, I'd be all over that. ;-)

    Seriously, you're smart to organize everything. makes things easier.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.