Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Recap

I hope you all had a warm and wonderful Christmas. I know we did: it was filled with lots of fun, good food, and much-loved traditions. And lots and lots of pictures… here are a few of my favorites.
 I've always made the kids pose for a photo in their Christmas Eve finery before we go to church, and this year was no different. Except that their finery has gotten decidedly less fancy. Gone are Hunter's once-beloved bow-ties and Caitlin's twirly dresses and patent shoes. They go for more of a casual look these days.
I'm not sure when this girl turned into such a young lady, but having grown three inches in the last six months, she is quickly approaching me in height. I am so not ready for this!
I, on the other hand, took the opportunity to dress to the nines {by my standards, anyway} and broke out my favorite red Christmas dress {from Lands End}. I did change as soon as we got home from church, but it was fun to dress up for a little while.

We have a Christmas Eve tradition of letting the kids open one present after church. It always contains a pair of matching pjs, a Christmas book {The Gift of the Magi}, and a Christmas movie {Charlie Brown's Christmas}. 

 After they change into their new jammies {love these cozy ones from Lands End}, we have a feast of appetizers and settle in to watch their new movie.

I found a ton of great holiday recipes on Pinterest this year and I'll share all the links and recipe info in another post. 

On Christmas morning, I get up extra early to set everything up. I make coffee and hot cocoa, light candles and the tree, and turn on Christmas music. We set out a breakfast of cinnamon rolls, cookies, fruit, and candy. By having everything ready, we can sit back and enjoy the magic of Christmas morning. 

And faces like these:





You might have noticed in the photo above, but I got a new rug for Christmas. I was a bit nervous about the pattern, but when I asked on Facebook and Instagram, the response was overwhelmingly in favor of this rug.  What do you think, did we make the right choice?

After all the presents were opened, my dad and stepmom joined us for dinner. Once again, the party crackers and paper crowns were a big hit. 
We're gorging on leftovers and enjoying our gifts this weekend, before getting ready for our Christmas/New Year's celebration at my mom's next week. 
Hope you're enjoying the quiet stretch between celebrations!
Photobucket
I'm linking up here:
Life Rearranged
The Pleated Poppy
Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers

5 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas Eve pyjamas. We always get a new pair too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful Christmas! So glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Beautiful pictures and I love the rug.

    I bought Christmas pajamas for the very first time this year and we all love them.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best for a great 2014 :)

    Cee.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.