Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Natural Spring Mantel

With snow on the ground and sub-zero temps still on the thermometer, it can be tough to get into the swing of spring. I can't do much about the appearance of the world outside my front door, but in order to brighten things up inside, I went with a fresh, natural spring mantle in my kitchen.
As the focal point of my kitchen mantel, the burlap wreath has to be a workhorse; she's been dressed for fall, Christmas, Valentine's, and St. Patty's Day so far this year. She got yet another makeover to welcome spring.

I took out the green ribbon and replaced it with some more natural-looking elements. A bird's nest, ferns, and pussy willows are perfect for spring and Easter.
 The burlap bunny made an appearance again this year, albeit in a new frame. You can see him in a Pottery Barn inspired vignette here {my most-viewed post ever, thanks to Pinterest!}. 
The chalk art in my firebox was inspired by this beautiful Easter card I found on Pinterest. You can still see the shadows of my previous drawings, but from a distance it's not too noticeable.

Decorating my mantel for each new season may seem like a bit of a chore, but I have found a formula that works for my space. By sticking with the same basic elements and just changing out the colors and small accessories, I can enjoy a fresh look every few months. 
 Even though winter is still hanging on outside, I am ready to welcome spring indoors! 
Photobucket
I'm linking up here:
My Romantic Home A Stroll Thru Life
French Country Cottage My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Savvy Southern Style DIY by Design
Between Naps on the Porch DIY Showoff
Jennifer Rizzo Under the Table and Dreaming
At the Picket Fence

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love your Spring Mantel so pretty. Love that wreath beautiful.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Jessie! I love the idea of a mantel in a kitchen. Very cozy! Love that wreath. It's great that you can use it throughout the year just by changing up a few things on it. You've reminded me that I have a wire wreath frame and I should pull it out and use it to make a wreath for our front door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! I'm tempted to make another one myself for the front door. It's a very versatile wreath!

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love your mantel. The mix of the rustic burlap and the cute bunnies is so pretty. Definitley says spring. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marty! It's so sweet of you to stop by!

      Delete
  4. Looks beautiful! All of your elements work beautifully together. I'm gonna post this on my fb page. Did you also make the wreath? Did you do a tutorial? Visiting via Wow Us Wednesdays, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana! Thanks so much for the FB share and your sweet words! I did make the wreath but didn't make a tutorial myself. I found a few good ones on pinterest though and used them. If I make another one, I will be sure to take pictures and blog the process. I never remember to do that till after a project is half done! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jessie,
    Your mantel is wonderful. Love how you have changed up the burlap wreath. The touches of nature are so pretty and welcoming.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks just perfect for Springtime! I love all your projects. The burlap wreath, the burlap bunny and the chalkboard fireplace! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays this week! New Follower!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.