Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Vignette and a Pottery Barn Hack

I always love/hate getting the spring Pottery Barn catalog. It's full of so many fun, but expensive ideas. It never fails to ignite my inner creative-cheapskate though. This year I was inspired to re-create one of my very favorite Pottery Barn spring vignettes.

This image is all over Pinterest this time of year, and with good reason… it's cute as a bunny. I am certainly not the first to recreate it either, but it was a fun jumping off point for my own little vignette.

I only had enough eggs to write "spring" but I figure I can get more mileage out of that than "Happy Easter." They may still be hanging there in June! I just wrote the letters on with a sharpie and hot glued on a loop of ribbon. Embarrassingly simple and far from perfect looking, but better than paying Pottery Barn prices!
The other big difference between my vignette and the original is the number of bunnies. Now there is no shortage of bunny figurines in my house at this time of year, but rather than group them all in one place, I let them hippity-hop all over.  Let's take a look at a few of them!


This guy is the biggest of the bunch, and although he is quite handsome, he's not quite my favorite.



 This little fella, all snuggled in his mossy nest, is my favorite.  I found the pretty scalloped bowl at Pier 1, and painted the little blue eggs with some craft paint. The candles are from Target (they smell delicious!).



I know there is no bunny in my coffee table vignette, but that's only because he has since moved outside. I will share some of my outdoor decor later this week… that is if they're not covered in snow! It's 50* outside today, but we've got a winter storm watch on for tomorrow. I wish spring would be here to stay. This teasing is just cruel!
Photobucket
I'm linking up here: My Romantic Home A Stroll Thru Life French Country Cottage My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Savvy Southern Style DIY by Design Between Naps on the Porch DIY Showoff Jennifer Rizzo Under the Table and Dreaming

15 comments:

  1. I love yours, I think it's better than PB. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Your house could be in a magazine.

    I don't have any ceramic bunnies, but I do have a real one. Maybe I could set her on the coffee table when company comes. ;-)
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great, Jessie! I love your bunnies. I can see why the little one is your favorite. I have bunnies all over my house, too, but I keep most of them out all year long {because I'm a bunny nut!}. Seeing the PB picture I think buying some cheap ones from the thrift store and spray painting them white could pull that vignette together inexpensively. I have stopped saving the PB catalog. I see too many things I want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Great! Love the bunnies!
    We would love for you to come and link up with us at Your Designs This Time, Mondays 8:00am EST. htttp://www.elizabethjoandesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this! I honestly thought the dresser vignette was their's. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful spring vignettes you created. Your favorite bunny all nestled in to people watch is absolutely adorable. I see why he is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cute little bunnies Jessie. And I love your Pottery Barn copy. It certainly doesn't seem like it's snowing outside...it looks like Spring has sprung everywhere :-) You have a lovely home.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Wow it looks amazing! I would love to have you join me for my Centerpiece Wednesday linky party and share this post with us. Come on over  http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2014/04/centerpiece-wednesday-cool-blues-with.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely vignette! Thank you so much for linking up to our Inspire Me Monday party!
    ~ Kim @ Sand & Sisal

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable, love the bunnies looks better than PB. which I love but the prices are extremely high.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty - love all of your bunnies, especially that last little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your turquoise furniture, and the Spring Vignette is stunning. Great job! If you have not shared yet at the Bacon Time linky, the new one for the week just posted, we would love to have you. Happy Spring weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Bunny Vignettes are just Adorable! Yep, it's Fun to Hack our Favorite Pinterest and Magazine Visuals and put our own Spin on whatever Inspired us! *Winks* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.