Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Lazy Day Style: An Honest Look at WIWW

Happy April, friends! I am hoping spring will be kind enough to make an appearance here soon, but so far no luck. Winter is determined to hang on for a while longer. :(

pleated poppy
It's Wednesday, and time again for What I Wore. The point of these semi-regular posts of mine are to motivate me {and the hundreds of other participants who link up at The Pleated Poppy} to ditch the sweats and pjs and get dressed in something cute. For the most part it works. Most days, I do get dressed… just not for long! I might run errands or take Hunter to the library, but the minute I'm back home, the bra comes off and the sweats are back on! 

Here's an honest peek at my lazy day every day style.
Cardi: Target  Tee:  LL Bean   Tank: Old Navy   Pants: Lands End Starfish Collection
I love those pants and wear them all the time. Highly recommend them! So that is what I wear at home; here are a few outfits I've worn in public…

 Everything here is from Old Navy except the scarf. It's from Target.

 Same cardi as above, and everything in this pic is from Target.

Dress: Lands End  Leggings: Old Navy  Boots: Born  Necklace: Yard Sale

Now it's time to spill your guts, do you throw on your comfies as soon as you get home, or do you hold out for bedtime? Don't be afraid to admit it if you're an all-day-pj person… I'm right there with you!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie. I am Ada. I have stopped by before but first time commenting.

    I always like the casual but put-together, chic, Mommy-ready outfits you put together. You always look chic and adorable. My favorites above are the Sweater Dress & Striped Dress Outfits.

    I am a fan of your style and blog so I am following. Hope to see you stop by my blog & follow as well. Happy Hump Day, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I throw on my comfies way too often and early on in the evening, especially in the winter. In the summer I tend to stay dressed till bedtime, but in the winter, I always feel like I'm cold and I want to be cozy comfy.

    Love your outfits as always. That striped dress over the skinnies is adorable. I'll have to check out that Land's End Starfish Collection. I'm always up for comfy pants and I've never actually bought anything from Land's End before.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lazy day style too! You still look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for positing this! I sporadically look at the pleated poppy's site but look forward to your posts weekly. I often wonder, "what do these women do all day that they need to be dressed like this?!!" I know that different people have different ideas of comfort but when I'm just hanging out at home/doing projects I can't see rocking an arm party or heels. What I love about your outfits is that I could actually see myself running to the store before school pick up or to home depot w/o feeling like I'm overdoing it. Maybe its that living in the NW and we are just so much more casual than other parts of the country but showing up at pick up in heels (unless you are coming from work) certainly raises an eyebrow or two. Thank you so much for sharing your really cute & put together outfits that I could actually copy!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that color combo in your lazy day style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the outfits - that yellow cardi is gorgeous and very flattering :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im the same way! The cute outfits don't stay on for long!! I love that mustard cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As soon as I get home, I throw on comfy clothes!

    I love your blog! I nominated you for The Liebster Award!

    You can find out more info at thequeenandhercourt (dot) com!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.