Saturday, June 21, 2014

Full Swing Into Summer

Happy first day of summer! We jumped into summer at full speed as soon as Caitlin finished school. Since then, it's been a whirlwind of baseball practice, soccer tournaments, and hockey camps. Throw in some mega cleaning and organizing projects and the days have been flying by. At this pace, I'm better at sharing on Instagram than here, so be sure to check there for more frequent updates. 

 Caitlin and Hunter actually collaborated to sort and organize all their Legos. I'll take any cooperation I can get from these two, even if it is short-lived.

 In the hopes of inspiring a bit of creativity this summer, I put all our art supplies out where they would be easily accessible, not to mention look pretty on display.
 It worked too! We collaborated on some summer chalk art and made watercolor rainbow fish.


Hunter has been baseball crazy.

 And Caitlin has been consumed by soccer. She has to get in the zone on the way to games with her tunes.

She had a big tournament over Father's Day weekend, so we treated Chris to breakfast between games.

The kids got Chris got a smoothie maker and we've been putting it to good use already.

 I put some of my pretty blue transfer ware on display. I love the pop of pink from the peonies. My favorite summer flower!

And I finally tackled my disastrous upstairs linen closet. Now if I could just get motivated to paint the door and trim. Being on the second floor, it's easy to procrastinate and let the "out of sight, out of mind" things go. Someday!

Even with all the busy-ness, we've managed to squeeze in some relaxing cuddle time. Sam is a spaz most of the time, but he does love to snuggle.
Happy Summer!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.