Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer So Far

It's hard to believe, but here we are, halfway through July already! The school supplies are back on the shelves and the countdown to September has begun. Before any more time flies by, here's a bit of what we've been up to this summer, so far… {as seen on Instagram}


My bid to inspire some creativity in the kids has been pretty successful. Having the art supplies out on display means they are much more likely to get used, which I love.
We've done castles, sunbursts, fruit, fish, and family crests. Now I just need to find a place to display all the works of art the kids are cranking out!
 June means strawberries and I put them to good use. Freezer jam, pies, cakes, and of course strawberries and cream… the tastes of summer.


We even found one that looks like a heart~ double the sweetness.
 The local gardens are in full bloom and people and ducks, alike are enjoying them.

Unfortunately, my own little garden is not as impressive as the one above. My hydrangea had only one bloom this year, but it was a lovely one.

 What's a post about summer without a little baseball? Hunter's new favorite position to play is catcher. It seems that between hockey and baseball, we are destined to be carrying a ton of protective gear year round. Such is the life of a sports mom!
I'm going to enjoy the remaining days of summer, savoring each afternoon and relishing each lingering evening. See you at the beach!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Fun art projects! We did one the other day too. I think I like it more than my kids, but they humor me. Those strawberries look amazing, and so does that cake. Makes me want to bake something! The school supplies on the shelf are freaking me out a bit. Seriously. My kids have been out of school for less than 3 weeks and now I'm faced with school supplies. I ignored them last night in Walmart. ;-)

    Your kids are getting big! It's fun to see the kids grow-up through blogs.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know what you think.